Prof. V. K. Kaushik
A well qualified scholar offering more than 32 years of experience in research and teaching in higher technical educations of repute. Associated with different Universities / Public Service Commissions / Management Institutes/ Small and Medium Enterprise / Service Organisations and other Professional Institutes like Institute of Chartered Accountants of India - New Delhi in various capacities like expert member in Selection Committee, Examiner, Project Coordinator, Resource Person and Visiting faculty.
Teaching and Administrative Experience
- Presently working with The Technological Institute of Textile and Sciences Bhiwani in the capacity of Professor and Head, Department of Management Studies. (Joined TIT&S Bhiwani in 1989).
- Group Director, Savera Group of Institutions Farukhnagar for 2 years and 8 months (On lien)
- Director, S.D. College of Management for 9 months (On lien)
- Ph.D. (Mgt.) (1999) Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- MCA (2007) M. D. University, Rohtak
- MBA (1985) M. D. University, Rohtak
- M.Sc. (Chem), (1983) M. D. University, Rohtak
Specialization & Research
Area of Specialization : Marketing and International HRM
Ph.D. Supervised : 06
Ph.D. Enrolled : 05
Projects Supervised : More than 300 MBA/MMS projects on Industrial problems.
UGC Sponsored Major Research Project (Completed)
“Service Quality Measurements of Engineering Institutes of North India”
Consultancy Project Completed
- Human Resource Development for training, transfer of technology and entrepreneur development on Jute blends and diversified Jute products. (Member of the Group) UNDP assisted National Jute Program Dated 09-12-1994 Amount: Rs 283.5 Lacs.
- Modifying and Redesigning of sales and distribution networks for India for Jhalani Tools (India) Ltd.
- Presented Research Paper in IHRM Conference 2010, at Aston University, Birmingham, UK in June 2010. UGC Travel Grant (Evaluation of HR Practices & Strategies in various Private Universities/Institutes across India)
- Presented Research Paper in 5th Asian Management Conference, at Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan in Dec 2006. UGC Travel Grant (A Comparative Study of Management Practices of two leading Asian Nations”, India & Japan)
Paper Accepted for Presentation in International Conferences
- Challenges in Managing Projects in the Indian Context and Way Forward Project Management in India, Aug 10 2013 Academy of Management Conference Florida, USA.
- E-Commerce in India”, International Conference on E-Commerce, E-Administration, E-Society, E-Education (e-Case2009), January 8-10, Singapore.
- “Managing Organizations in Cultural Diversity”, 22st Annual Conference 2008, Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM), New Zealand
- “Gender Discrimination”, A Study of Private Financing Institutions in India 21st Annual Conference 2007, Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM), Sydney, Australia University of Western Sydney (December, 2007) (Presented by PhD student)
- “Study of expatriate adjustment in India”, 9th International Human Resources Management, Tallinn, Estonia, June 2005.
- “Driving the Human Force to Work in Multiculturalism in Indian Organisations”, European Academy of Management, Munich (Germany), June 2005 (contributed & was included in the proceedings)
Papers Presented in International Conferences Held in India
- “IT enabled Supply Chain Management: Issues and Challenges in Supply Chain Management”, Banaras Hindu University, Banaras (March 2008).
- “RFID in Indian Retail Sector”, International Conference on Management 2008 Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur (Sept 22-24, 2008).
- “A study of Expatriate’s Adjustment in Indian Context”, Asia Pacific Researchers in Organization Studies 2007 Conference at Management Development Institute, Gurgaon (December 2007).
Publications (International Journals)
- “ Equality in the Workplace: A Study of Gender Issues in Indian Organizations “Journal of Management Development, USA0262-1711 Vol. 33 No 2, 2014, pp. 90-108
- “Simplified Product Value Measurement Framework For Small And Medium Sized Enterprises”, Log Forum: ISSN 1734-459X, 2013, 9 (3), 161-166.
- “Supplier Performance Monitoring and Improvement (SPMI) through SIPOC Analysis and PDCA Model to the ISO 9001 QMS in Sports Good Manufacturing Industry”, Log Forum: ISSN 1734-459X, 2011, Vol. 7, Issue 4, No. 1.
- “Simple, Cost Effective & Oriented Framework for Supplier Performance Measurement in Sports Goods Manufacturing Industry”, Log Forum: ISSN 1734-459X, 2011, Vol. 7, Issue 3, No. 2.
Publications (National Journals)
- Customer Relation strategy in Telecom Industry- A case study of Bhiwani City, Lingaya's Lalita Devi Journal of Professional Studies 2230-987X, Vol. 4, Issue-3.
- “Determining the Relative Importance of Critical Factors in Delivering Retail Service Quality: A Lesson for Indian Retailers”, Apeejay Journal of Management and Technology, Vol. VIII, No. I, Jan 2013.
- “Customers’ Evaluation of Service Quality – A Study of Retail Apparel Stores in India”, Apeejay Journal of Management and Technology, Vol. VIII, No. I, Jan 2013.
- “Dimensions of Service Quality in Apparel Retailing: A Case from National Capital Region”, Vishwakarma Business Review, Vol. III, No. I, Jan 2013.
- “Evaluating the Impact of Retail Service Quality on Behavioural Intentions - A Study of Organised Food Sector”, Asia-Pacific Marketing Review, Vol. I, No. I, Jan- June 2012
- “Smartening Indian Retail Sector with Radio Frequency Identification”, Vels Management Journal, Vol. I, No. I, July, 2012
- “Assessing the Gender Influence on Perception of Service Quality: A Study of Shop-in- Shop in India”, International Journal of Marketing and Business Communication, Vol. I, No. II, April 2012.
- “Women Entrepreneurs – Transforming and Reshaping Leadership”, Strategic Transformation in Globalised Era, Edited Book, 2012
- “Sustainable Development through Green Retailing,” Indian Retail Review, Special Issue, Jan 2011 (ISSN 0972-8678)
- “Retail Malls: New Mantra for Success,” International Journal of Marketing & Management Research, Vol 2, Issue 1, Jan 2011 (ISSN: 2229-6883)
- “HR Outsourcing: A Quick way to Expertise”, Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, Vol 3, No.5, May 2010
- “Venturing of Retail with Information and Communication Technology : An Indian Perspective”, Journal of Marketing & Communication, NIILM Sept-Dec, 2008 Vol.4 Issue2, (ISSN) 0973-2330,
- “Malls in Indian Retail: New Mantra for success?”, IMSAR Alumni Journal, Vol II, No. 1, Nov 2008
- “Buying Behavior for Passenger Cars: A Study in South West Haryana”, Indian Journal of Marketing, Vol XXXVIII, No.5, May 2008
- “An analytical Study of Customer Preference & Satisfaction in Indian Domestic Aviation Sector”, ICFAI Journal of Brand Management, Vol. V, No. 1 Mar 2008
- “Implementation Issues of Enterprise Resource Planning in the context of Indian Textile Industry”, IMSAR Alumni Journal, Vol I, No. 1, Nov 2007
- “Medical Tourism: An Indian Perspective”, Journal of Marketing & Communication, NIILM Sept-Dec, 2007Vol.3, Issue2, Sept-Dec,2007 (ISSN) 0973-2330,
- “A Comparative Study of Management Practices of two leading Asian nations: India & Japan” (included in the proceedings of the International Conference 2006)
- “Driving the Human Force to Work in Multiculturism in Indian Organizations” (included In the proceedings of the International Conference 2005)
- “Review of the ISO Standards”, Surge the Journal for Innovators, Vol. 1 / Issue 1, April June, 2001.
- “ISO-9000: A Journey to Quality improvement”, Haryana Labour Journal, April-June 2000 Vol. XXXI
- “A Perspective on Technical Education in India”, Utkarisht Prabandh, Vol. 6, 1998.
- Member, Academy of Management (USA)
- Member, Asian Academy of Management (Japan)
- Life member, All India Commerce Association.
- Member, Editorial Board International Journal of Computational Engineering and Management.
- Member, Editorial Board IMSAR Genesis, A Journal of IMSAR Alumni Association
- President IMSAR (M.D. University Rohtak) Alumni Association.
- Member, Academic Council, M.D. University, Rohtak, (March, 2007-2009).
- Member, Academic Council, M.D. University, Rohtak, (March, 2001-2003).
- Member, Faculty of Engineering & Technology, M.D. University, Rohtak (1994-1996).
- Member, Board of Studies, M.D. University, Rohtak (1991-1999).
- Member, Board of Studies, CDL University, Sirsa, (2002-2004).
- Member, Board of Studies, CBL University, Bhiwani.
Resource Person to EDP/ Seminars/ Conferences
- Chaired the Technical Session in the National Conference on ‘Emerging Trends in Management Practices’ at Delhi Metropolitan Education, Noida on Jan. 24, 2017.
- Chaired the Technical Session in the National Seminar at UILMS (Gurgaon), M. D. University, Rohtak
- Resource Person to National Seminar, UBS, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Chaired the Technical Session in the National Conference at IMSAR MDU, Rohtak
- Resource Person to Academic Staff College, B.P.S. University, Khanpur Kalan
- Resource Person to National Seminar at DAV (PG) College, Karnal
- Resource Person to AICTE Sponsored Staff Development Programme at TIT&S Bhiwani
- Reviewer for the 10th International Human Resource Management Conference June 21- 24 2009, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Resource Person to Executive Development program Profitability through Strategic Marketing, Feb 23, 2006 PHD House, New Delhi
- Resource Person to Executive Development program Delivering Customer Value through e-CRM, Nov 9, 2005 PHD House, New Delhi
- Resource Person to Seminar Capital and Commodity markets, July 2, 2005, Le Meridian, Delhi
- Resource Person to Executive Development program Academic Staff College, Punjab National Bank
- Rapporteur, All India Commerce Conference, Dec 2006
- Deliberated on various management issues, All India Radio, Rohtak
- Resource Person to various programmes organized by SISI (Small Industries Service Institute), New Delhi.